Do yourself a favour and full-screen this beauty. I grew up on stories of the Antarctic. My distant uncle (great great?) was one of Shackleton’s furthest south crew, my Dad went a few times, writing stories, making documentaries and lecturing on tourist ships. Some of the footage here is achingly beautiful. A different flavour of armchair tourism compared to the up-close Attenborough documentaries. Really lovely.Director Kalle Ljung says: “This movie was shot during our 20 days trip to Antarctica in December 2014 to January 2015. We started from Ushuaia in Argentina and went to Port Williams in Chile, rounded Cape Horn and crossed the Drake Passage towards the Melchior Islands in Antarctica. We spent 16 days in the Antarctic and got to experience the most amazing scenery and wildlife before we returned back to Ushuaia.”
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Willow Pattern Story
- The Guy Quote - W.E.B. DuBois
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- The Guy Quote - Carl Jung
- Mozart, Piano Concerto No. 21, Andante ("Elvira Madigan")
- The Guy Quote - Michael Herr (a must-read)
- Everything about the blue whale is enormous
- Joseph "Le Pétomane" Pujol: The Flatulist.
- How to spot a psychopath
- British Muslim teacher taken off US-bound flight: I was treated like a criminal theguardian.com/us-news/2017/f… 4 days ago
- We're working on a super exciting, totally free, 24-hours-of-amazing-live-streamed-insights summit at SAP Hybris. Th… lnkd.in/d65HxZd 5 days ago
- The canary in the coal mine and why you need to attend SAP Hybris: LIVE Digital Summit 2017 (it's free) the-future-of-commerce.com/2017/02/17/sap… 5 days ago
- Glasgow health and safety in full swing (ta for the pic, Nick) - the future of customer-centric messaging @collsdad? https://t.co/pd3E4mWu4t 1 week ago
- While baby boomers and millennials bicker, it's Gen X who is getting on with things while looking after both independent.co.uk/life-style/hea… 1 week ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!