Do yourself a favour and full-screen this beauty. I grew up on stories of the Antarctic. My distant uncle (great great?) was one of Shackleton’s furthest south crew, my Dad went a few times, writing stories, making documentaries and lecturing on tourist ships. Some of the footage here is achingly beautiful. A different flavour of armchair tourism compared to the up-close Attenborough documentaries. Really lovely.Director Kalle Ljung says: “This movie was shot during our 20 days trip to Antarctica in December 2014 to January 2015. We started from Ushuaia in Argentina and went to Port Williams in Chile, rounded Cape Horn and crossed the Drake Passage towards the Melchior Islands in Antarctica. We spent 16 days in the Antarctic and got to experience the most amazing scenery and wildlife before we returned back to Ushuaia.”
- Memorandum to all staff - Daily Mail ethics c. 1966
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- The Guy Quote – Alan Watts
- Raquel Welch - is there NOTHING she can't do?
- What I won't miss, what I'll miss (Nora Ephron)
- The Guy Quote - Bertrand Russell
- Mozart, Piano Concerto No. 21, Andante ("Elvira Madigan")
- Transformers 3 recut with The Little Mermaid
- Research suggests sex in ads more likely to create a negative attitude toward those brands reddit.com/r/science/comm… 1 day ago
- @robhalloway @MercedesBenz_PR Happy days Tracy!! 1 day ago
- RT @ParkersNews: Will you use Apple's new Do Not Disturb While Driving mode on your phone? qoo.ly/fx4fb https://t.co/qRkMtKIN3t 1 day ago
- @sixtuk I love what you do but am having a frustrating time on your site trying to sort something out...is there a number I can call? 1 day ago
- RT @ddavidrenshaw: Daily Mail vs Mail Online. https://t.co/nIv93t9Ts0 1 day ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!