Do yourself a favour and full-screen this beauty. I grew up on stories of the Antarctic. My distant uncle (great great?) was one of Shackleton’s furthest south crew, my Dad went a few times, writing stories, making documentaries and lecturing on tourist ships. Some of the footage here is achingly beautiful. A different flavour of armchair tourism compared to the up-close Attenborough documentaries. Really lovely.Director Kalle Ljung says: “This movie was shot during our 20 days trip to Antarctica in December 2014 to January 2015. We started from Ushuaia in Argentina and went to Port Williams in Chile, rounded Cape Horn and crossed the Drake Passage towards the Melchior Islands in Antarctica. We spent 16 days in the Antarctic and got to experience the most amazing scenery and wildlife before we returned back to Ushuaia.”
- The Willow Pattern Story
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Guy Quote - Carl Jung
- The Guy Quote - Bertrand Russell
- The Guy Quote - Charles Dickens (anniversary edition)
- The guy quote: Sir John Betjeman
- How to spot a psychopath
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- Versions, by Oliver Laric
- Nine fists of the Ken Juroppo
- @WiredUK Does it work on humans too? Asking for a friend... 1 day ago
- RT @bengoldacre: People who try to change things are dismissed as weird. Truth (and rhetoric) from @GeorgeMonbiot Whether it's data, healt… 2 days ago
- Amazing!!! And what a treat to see something POSITIVE in a news feed. twitter.com/olympicchannel… 2 days ago
- @HayesThompson “...and for that reason, we’re out” 2 days ago
- @Cryptomarc0 @Boyintheband @johnwehardy @ProfBrianCox Aren’t they made by a French company anyway? 😂😂 2 days ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Tom Rosenthal – How have you been?
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums