I’d forgotten about these. Such a bonkers place…was writing up this piece for WIRED.
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- The Willow Pattern Story
- And you though foie gras was bad. Meet the ortolan.
- Try a little tenderness - the REAL original
- The Guy Quote - Douglas Adams
- The great swindle. Roger Scruton on how fake ideas and fake emotions have elbowed out truth and beauty
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- Guy on a buffalo - lyrics AND content. Amazing.
- Maurice Sendak on getting old, losing people and how beautiful the world is purpleclover.com/video/2700-we-… via @purpleclvr 3 days ago
- New cabinet may signal Britain's retreat as a Western power - a very clear articulation of 'what next' for the UK wpo.st/cTtl1 1 week ago
- Half of all US food produce is thrown away, says new research. And opportunity for food cowboys to rescue/resell gu.com/p/4yv2v/stw 1 week ago
- "It's up to others to decide" - How technology disrupted the truth (and partly why I left journalism) gu.com/p/4zhk3/stw 1 week ago
- So Angela Eagle, name one policy that sets you apart from Corbyn? "Errrr, I'm on the left?" thecanary.co/2016/07/11/sim… via @thecanarysays 1 week ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!