ART+COM was commissioned to create an art installation for the Departure-Check-in hall of Terminal 1 at Singapore Airport while it was being refurbished. “Kinetic Rain” is composed of two parts, each consisting of 608 rain droplets made of lightweight aluminum covered with copper. Suspended from thin steel ropes above the two opposing escalators, each droplet is moved by a computer-controlled motor hidden in the hall’s ceiling. The drops follow a 15-minute, computationally designed choreography where the two parts move together in unison, sometimes mirroring, sometimes complementing and sometimes responding to each other.
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Willow Pattern Story
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- Mozart, Piano Concerto No. 21, Andante ("Elvira Madigan")
- Best tool kit ever
- The Guy Quote – Alan Watts
- So this is where "movers and shakers" comes from...
- The Guy Quote - Michael Herr (a must-read)
- A real love letter. Heart breaking.
- John Dyson
- Italian baby food comes in an unexpectedly wide range of flavours... @ Barga instagram.com/p/BISBWmqgGy-/ 1 day ago
- Maurice Sendak on getting old, losing people and how beautiful the world is purpleclover.com/video/2700-we-… via @purpleclvr 5 days ago
- New cabinet may signal Britain's retreat as a Western power - a very clear articulation of 'what next' for the UK wpo.st/cTtl1 1 week ago
- Half of all US food produce is thrown away, says new research. And opportunity for food cowboys to rescue/resell gu.com/p/4yv2v/stw 1 week ago
- "It's up to others to decide" - How technology disrupted the truth (and partly why I left journalism) gu.com/p/4zhk3/stw 2 weeks ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!