Amazing set of WWII bomber jackets from Flickr, collected by D. Sheley. Just imagine getting home in one piece, and very carefully painting another white bomb on your jacket with your buddies, or the very visual pecking order that you’d get seeing a crew of veterans next to a newbie. Click the image to go the fully linked gallery page.
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Willow Pattern Story
- Bomber jackets
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- Try a little tenderness - the REAL original
- The Guy Quote - Bertrand Russell
- The Guy Quote - Hunter S Thompson
- The Guy Quote - Pablo Picasso
- And you though foie gras was bad. Meet the ortolan.
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- Where does the buck stop? Is the fault with the persuaders or the persuaded? @collsdad you might like this wired.co.uk/news/archive/2… 7 hours ago
- @NateLanxon @RonAmadeo Flash in the pan, etc 7 hours ago
- RT @thulme: evolution of AI: people -> machines complemented people -> people complemented machines -> machines 7 hours ago
- Is the brand love affair with Snapchat sustainable? the-future-of-commerce.com/2016/02/01/ret… 11 hours ago
- This. Very much this. twitter.com/espirian/statu… 17 hours ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!