…and wrote THIS piece about shark fishing while exploring the Skeleton coast. There was loads of stuff I didn’t have space to write up. And I while I was enjoying my adventures, I took a bunch of photos (click to see slideshow):
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Willow Pattern Story
- Hatsuhana doing penance under the Tonosawa waterfall
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- The Guy Quote - Charles Dickens (anniversary edition)
- John Dyson
- Zatoichi meets Yojimbo, Musahi vs Kojiro
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- Victor Hugo's alphabet
- The Guy Quote - Dr Seuss
- @oliviasolon Wait...someone invented a Wi-Fi air fryer??? 4 hours ago
- @wdron Did you ever get to the bottom of #elfbed? 5 hours ago
- @wdron That’s...pretty weird. Did they tell you which elf it was for? 1 day ago
- @McVities Ah but maybe that’s just what you WANT me to think 🤔 https://t.co/jdOfQNlOMO 1 day ago
- @HayesThompson Already imagining office japes of clipping loads of old tin cans onto it and writing “just sitting” on the back 1 day ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Tom Rosenthal – How have you been?
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums