ART+COM was commissioned to create an art installation for the Departure-Check-in hall of Terminal 1 at Singapore Airport while it was being refurbished. “Kinetic Rain” is composed of two parts, each consisting of 608 rain droplets made of lightweight aluminum covered with copper. Suspended from thin steel ropes above the two opposing escalators, each droplet is moved by a computer-controlled motor hidden in the hall’s ceiling. The drops follow a 15-minute, computationally designed choreography where the two parts move together in unison, sometimes mirroring, sometimes complementing and sometimes responding to each other.
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Guy Quote - Douglas Adams
- The Guy Quote - Abraham Lincoln
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- "Cinema is the ultimate pervert art" - Slavoj Zizek on horror and reality
- Zatoichi meets Yojimbo, Musahi vs Kojiro
- The Guy Quote - Bertrand Russell
- The Willow Pattern Story
- And you though foie gras was bad. Meet the ortolan.
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- @Raven__Smith Rebrand? 3 hours ago
- RT @Robert___Harris: Is there literally no government minister with the guts to say that what Cummings did was an error of judgement, let a… 3 days ago
- @AndyLunique Counter Stroke 4 days ago
- @MrsBeauchamp2U @amylynhatch @gurdeepd And then the ominous quiet too! “What are you lot up to?” 5 days ago
- @KeithRHernandez Junior reporter, financial press, Pre-internet. Had to role play how I’d get a story about a pensi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Tom Rosenthal – How have you been?
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums