“Cool Water” was written by Bob Nolan and first recorded by his group, The Sons Of The Pioneers, in 1941. Since then it has been recorded by many others, among them The Andrews Sisters, Eddy Arnold, Gene Autry, the Boston Pops Orchestra, Walter Brennan, Bing Crosby, Fleetwood Mac, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Lorne Greene, Burl Ives, Tom Jones, Patti LaBelle, Frankie Laine, Nellie Lutcher, Billy May, George Melachrino & his Orchestra, Vaughn Monroe, Johnnie Ray, Tex Ritter, Marty Robbins, Roy Rogers, Kate Smith, Hank Snow, Wesley Tuttle, Slim Whitman and Hank Williams.
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Guy Quote - Carl Jung
- Harrison Ford, in Polaroid, on Blade Runner
- Some nice lines on writing...
- Hatsuhana doing penance under the Tonosawa waterfall
- Disney: The Underbelly
- And you though foie gras was bad. Meet the ortolan.
- The Guy Quote - Pablo Picasso
- The Willow Pattern Story
- How to programme your 808 drum machine (lovely infographic posters)
- One for the next birthday in the @MercedesBenzTruckUK team... reddit.com/r/Unexpected/c… - have your cake and park it, @robhalloway! 8 hours ago
- Our biggest fans this week: @maxforourtimes. Thank you! via sumall.com/thankyou?utm_s… https://t.co/4WzVSAKn8E 3 days ago
- Terrific panel at #saphybrislive - great to hear @aliciatillman, @shalinimitha and amylynhatch… instagram.com/p/BaYpOBXAbjK/ 5 days ago
- We simply need more people with skills, and we need role models that challenge that bias #Diversity @SAPHybris… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- Diverse companies see higher profit and have better focus. Looking forward to @amylynhatch’s panel on #diversity in… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!