- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Willow Pattern Story
- The Guy Quote - W.E.B. DuBois
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- "Cinema is the ultimate pervert art" - Slavoj Zizek on horror and reality
- The Guy Quote - Pablo Picasso
- The Ottoman empire's life or death race (note to self: harems don't equal happiness)
- And you though foie gras was bad. Meet the ortolan.
- The Guy Quote - Michael Herr (a must-read)
- The Guy Quote - Charles Dickens (anniversary edition)
- RT @DJMadnice: 1 MILLION young people have registered to vote in the last 17 days! This is a REAL chance to get the tories out of power! I… 1 day ago
- @michaelgove Judging by this, @michaelgove is pretty flaming far from rallying the young vote or engaging with the next generation. 1 day ago
- @xhe_arto @jcvandez @MicromaniaF Some punks might say it’s more of an attitude than anything else...would you agree… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @jcvandez Like, is counterculture a political or an artistic thing, or confined to youth - are they mutually exclusive? 1 day ago
- @jcvandez New journalism is always an interesting spot to start with the Kesey stuff... I’d start with asking them… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Tom Rosenthal – How have you been?
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums