Amazing set of WWII bomber jackets from Flickr, collected by D. Sheley. Just imagine getting home in one piece, and very carefully painting another white bomb on your jacket with your buddies, or the very visual pecking order that you’d get seeing a crew of veterans next to a newbie. Click the image to go the fully linked gallery page.
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- The Willow Pattern Story
- Mozart, Piano Concerto No. 21, Andante ("Elvira Madigan")
- Angie Stone vs The African Brothers - Smoke Cronik
- The Guy Quote - Pablo Picasso
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- Hatsuhana doing penance under the Tonosawa waterfall
- The Guy Quote – Alan Watts
- And you though foie gras was bad. Meet the ortolan.
- More masks, thanks to the Retronaut
- Hippos, custard and tapas: the 10 funniest jokes of the Edinburgh fringe gu.com/p/4bn2x/stw 4 days ago
- Don’t bang on to me about ethical food if you keep a stash of unfairly traded weed | Jay Rayner gu.com/p/4bfvv/stw 1 week ago
- The cakes of science gu.com/p/4bd5d/stw 2 weeks ago
- Brain chemistry imgur.com/gallery/lFalK3I via @imgur 2 weeks ago
- Incredible moonwalk skills imgur.com/gallery/PY1omJw via @imgur 2 weeks ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!
- This backpack designed for poor kids does so much more than carry books
- Pendulum Wave – the sort of demo you’ll remember