When you sit across from me
Sipping your cup of milky earl grey
I know you are noticing
Those rusty slivers of heme
Dulling my nails
There from when I scratched his eyes out
You casually study the bulge in my pocket
Where those eyes lose their moisture
And their retinas are fading from cornflower to haze
Oh how I covet
Your superior skills of detection
You restless sage with your blended persona
Part teapot, part Mainer, part immigrant entertainer
Though your lips are thin
Your smile is pleasing
And I hope to endear as many when I solve nefarious murders
And publish a succession of books
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- The Guy Quote - Abraham Lincoln
- The Willow Pattern Story
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- Rapha-quette - rules for modern cyclists
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- Effing Typeface - brilliant
- Some nice lines on writing...
- Hurley Stretch Rack. The ultimate stretch machine.
- Hands down the neatest shit you'll see all minute. m.imgur.com/gallery/ZbJLxEW via @imgur 18 hours ago
- @Mr_Bingo you want to maybe look at a bit less YouTube before bed old bean 5 days ago
- How data will destroy human freedom theguardian.com/books/2016/aug… 5 days ago
- Masai Graham's organ donor gag is Edinburgh fringe's funniest joke theguardian.com/stage/2016/aug… 6 days ago
- RT @alexmassie: New media: Story is read by 1 million people. Story cost $350,000 to report. Story earned $5,000 in online ads. https://t.… 1 week ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!