When you sit across from me
Sipping your cup of milky earl grey
I know you are noticing
Those rusty slivers of heme
Dulling my nails
There from when I scratched his eyes out
You casually study the bulge in my pocket
Where those eyes lose their moisture
And their retinas are fading from cornflower to haze
Oh how I covet
Your superior skills of detection
You restless sage with your blended persona
Part teapot, part Mainer, part immigrant entertainer
Though your lips are thin
Your smile is pleasing
And I hope to endear as many when I solve nefarious murders
And publish a succession of books
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- And you though foie gras was bad. Meet the ortolan.
- Guy on a buffalo - lyrics AND content. Amazing.
- The Willow Pattern Story
- Try a little tenderness - the REAL original
- The Guy Quote - Pablo Picasso
- The Guy Quote - Douglas Adams
- The Guy Quote – Alan Watts
- Maurice Sendak on getting old, losing people and how beautiful the world is purpleclover.com/video/2700-we-… via @purpleclvr 3 days ago
- New cabinet may signal Britain's retreat as a Western power - a very clear articulation of 'what next' for the UK wpo.st/cTtl1 1 week ago
- Half of all US food produce is thrown away, says new research. And opportunity for food cowboys to rescue/resell gu.com/p/4yv2v/stw 1 week ago
- "It's up to others to decide" - How technology disrupted the truth (and partly why I left journalism) gu.com/p/4zhk3/stw 1 week ago
- So Angela Eagle, name one policy that sets you apart from Corbyn? "Errrr, I'm on the left?" thecanary.co/2016/07/11/sim… via @thecanarysays 1 week ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!