When you sit across from me
Sipping your cup of milky earl grey
I know you are noticing
Those rusty slivers of heme
Dulling my nails
There from when I scratched his eyes out
You casually study the bulge in my pocket
Where those eyes lose their moisture
And their retinas are fading from cornflower to haze
Oh how I covet
Your superior skills of detection
You restless sage with your blended persona
Part teapot, part Mainer, part immigrant entertainer
Though your lips are thin
Your smile is pleasing
And I hope to endear as many when I solve nefarious murders
And publish a succession of books
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The guy quote - Henri Cartier-Bresson
- The Guy Quote - James Brown, Godfather of Soul
- The Guy Quote - Carl Jung
- Try a little tenderness - the REAL original
- Hurley Stretch Rack. The ultimate stretch machine.
- Best CV I've seen in a while...
- John Dyson
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- Bob Morgan and Steppin' Out (AKA the gallery music on Take Hart)
- RT @CaseyMalone: Every sketch of Martin Shkreli looks like it's from The Trial of Rumpelstiltskin https://t.co/I0CmmW8nES 21 hours ago
- From dial up to broadband to 3D interactive VR experiences, the way we engage customers has always had the same driv… lnkd.in/dHdU9eY 1 day ago
- See the future of your business today at SAP Hybris LIVE: Global Summit the-future-of-commerce.com/2017/08/17/fut… 1 day ago
- @robhalloway Oh that sweet sweet airmatic cushioning https://t.co/y4w3Y2IBYh 1 day ago
- @oliviasolon Classic disruption. 3 weeks ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!