“I know who you are; you’re the same dumb pilgrim I’ve been hearin’ for twenty days and smellin’ for three!”
Jeremiah Johnson (Robert Redford) is a disenchanted ex-soldier who leaves civilization behind and settles in the Rocky Mountain wilderness. Determined to survive on his own, Johnson wishes to be left in peace. But, after crossing paths with a band of Indians, he must learn the ways to the untamed land and defend himself in order to gain the respect of its original settlers. Directed by Sydney Pollack in 1972. With Will Geer, Delle Bolton and Josh Albee. The film has been said to have been based in part on the life of the legendary mountain man Liver-Eating Johnson, based on Raymond Thorp and Robert Bunker’s book Crow Killer: The Saga of Liver-Eating Johnson and Vardis Fisher’s Mountain Man.
- "When I was done dying" - beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- Beach essentials in China: flip flops, swimming costume, full face mask
- The Guy Quote - Pablo Picasso
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- Effing Typeface - brilliant
- The Guy Quote - James Brown, Godfather of Soul
- Nine fists of the Ken Juroppo
- Mozart, Piano Concerto No. 21, Andante ("Elvira Madigan")
- Try a little tenderness - the REAL original
- @Gremkoska Rare as hens' teeth! Yes they're stunning - such an amazing idea and so beautifully done. 1 hour ago
- 1,000-year-old onion and garlic eye remedy kills MRSA bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan… @thehistoryguy 16 hours ago
- @mrsrubbish has a new official #GameOfThrones merch jacket and I am WELL JEALOUS!!! @ Dysonology… instagram.com/p/02-JzRx0bL/ 22 hours ago
- "When I was done dying" - beautiful, swooping animation wp.me/pITIw-1D0 1 day ago
- Beautiful pictures of algae here - perhaps one for @Gremkoska - vox.com/2015/3/16/8218… http://t.co/Ll6YzaD7WO 4 days ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!
- This backpack designed for poor kids does so much more than carry books
- Pendulum Wave – the sort of demo you’ll remember
- Completely agree with Weird Al…except for the split infinitive at 3.27 #wordcrimes
- “Toaster Tribute by Heywood Banks” Sponsored by the Toast marketing board (yeah Toast!)
- Four-year timelapse of an exploding star (one for the full screen)
- How kindness is the greatest gift in a relationship
- The duties of the revolutionist to himself