“I know who you are; you’re the same dumb pilgrim I’ve been hearin’ for twenty days and smellin’ for three!”
Jeremiah Johnson (Robert Redford) is a disenchanted ex-soldier who leaves civilization behind and settles in the Rocky Mountain wilderness. Determined to survive on his own, Johnson wishes to be left in peace. But, after crossing paths with a band of Indians, he must learn the ways to the untamed land and defend himself in order to gain the respect of its original settlers. Directed by Sydney Pollack in 1972. With Will Geer, Delle Bolton and Josh Albee. The film has been said to have been based in part on the life of the legendary mountain man Liver-Eating Johnson, based on Raymond Thorp and Robert Bunker’s book Crow Killer: The Saga of Liver-Eating Johnson and Vardis Fisher’s Mountain Man.
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Willow Pattern Story
- The Guy Quote - Carl Jung
- The Guy Quote - Michael Herr (a must-read)
- Morning poem: Business Girls, by Sir John Betjeman
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- Victor Hugo's alphabet
- Fumblerules of grammar
- Average face? Naaaaaah
- Our biggest fans this week: @tomazlarissa. Thank you! via sumall.com/thankyou?utm_s… https://t.co/wjHVjvZcrR 3 days ago
- Now read this: @CarstenThoma on how we're giving business owners the tools they need to drive sustainable growth thr… lnkd.in/en68m74 1 week ago
- Diving in: Four things disruptors are doing right the-future-of-commerce.com/2017/10/09/dig… 1 week ago
- @OllieMarriage @karcheruk @KarcherCenter @autoglym @AutoglymPremium @ArielMotorCo what no Magic Tree? 🌲 1 week ago
- @TherealNihal Feet up. Cup of tea and a biscuit. 1 week ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!