“I know who you are; you’re the same dumb pilgrim I’ve been hearin’ for twenty days and smellin’ for three!”
Jeremiah Johnson (Robert Redford) is a disenchanted ex-soldier who leaves civilization behind and settles in the Rocky Mountain wilderness. Determined to survive on his own, Johnson wishes to be left in peace. But, after crossing paths with a band of Indians, he must learn the ways to the untamed land and defend himself in order to gain the respect of its original settlers. Directed by Sydney Pollack in 1972. With Will Geer, Delle Bolton and Josh Albee. The film has been said to have been based in part on the life of the legendary mountain man Liver-Eating Johnson, based on Raymond Thorp and Robert Bunker’s book Crow Killer: The Saga of Liver-Eating Johnson and Vardis Fisher’s Mountain Man.
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Willow Pattern Story
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- The Guy Quote - Pablo Picasso
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- RayBan Vagabond
- Try a little tenderness - the REAL original
- The Guy Quote - Abraham Lincoln
- Japanese/Russian roulette (with drawing pins and nerf balls)
- Japanese scooters
- The Americans are catching on, @robhalloway, @mrsrubbish: A Pencil Shop, for Texting the Old-Fashioned Way nyti.ms/1L4Ud1F 1 day ago
- What Makes Us Happy, Revisited (the conclusion is the thing) theatlantic.com/magazine/archi… 1 day ago
- @OllieMarriage it's a Nicer, because it doesn't spoil it, it makes it nicer... 2 days ago
- RT @HawksmoorLondon: Dear @MailOnline, why are you using a photo of our steak to illustrate 'Nigerian restaurant sells human meat'? Legal? … 3 days ago
- Well that's alright then: Command and control contract for Britain's armed nuclear police outsourced to Capita ind.pn/1QXh0jT 3 days ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!
- This backpack designed for poor kids does so much more than carry books
- Pendulum Wave – the sort of demo you’ll remember
- Completely agree with Weird Al…except for the split infinitive at 3.27 #wordcrimes
- “Toaster Tribute by Heywood Banks” Sponsored by the Toast marketing board (yeah Toast!)
- Four-year timelapse of an exploding star (one for the full screen)