Amazing woodblock by Utagawa Kuniyoshi. As the story goes, Hatsuhana was a very virtuous woman. Here she is doing penance under the Tonozawa waterfall for the cure of her son’s knee – but the hardship of the penance proved too much for her and she died. However, her son was miraculously cured. He sought revenge, and kills his arch-enemy near the waterfall.
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Willow Pattern Story
- And you though foie gras was bad. Meet the ortolan.
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- The Guy Quote - Carl Jung
- The Guy Quote – Alan Watts
- R Kelly - PISS
- The man who hears everything ("That's a good beep, Lar") - modern arts and crafts
- The Guy Quote - W.E.B. DuBois
- Betty Boop and the laughing gas
- @michaelglasper @jamiecullum doing ‘frontin’ by @Pharrell youtu.be/OoKihoDt0_4 39 minutes ago
- I’m a panellist in a free webinar this Wednesday - topic is around working with media in current crazy times. Do jo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @tomcopy Watched it with my 13... he certainly thought it was hilarious, but I’d forgotten how rude some of it was! 2 days ago
- Clever stop motion of a car being wrapped: gfycat.com/calmcelebrated… 2 days ago
- @nwspk Hey @jennvzande you might like what @nwspk are doing... 3 days ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Tom Rosenthal – How have you been?
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums