It’s not perfect, granted, but Night and Day is a wonderfully original idea with some great shots. It’s a project by Philip Stockton, who says: “New York: Night and Day is a combination of non-traditional video time-lapse and animation. I filmed day and night scenes from around New York City and combined them back into single sequences using rotoscoping techniques. The piece explores the relationships between night and day, by compositing together scenes shot in the same location over a time period ranging from 4 – 8 hours. I hope you enjoy it.”
- The Willow Pattern Story
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Guy Quote - Carl Jung
- Zatoichi meets Yojimbo, Musahi vs Kojiro
- The Guy Quote - Bertrand Russell
- And you though foie gras was bad. Meet the ortolan.
- The guy quote: Sir John Betjeman
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- The Guy Quote - Abraham Lincoln
- The Guy Quote - Charles Dickens (anniversary edition)
- @jeremywired @WiredUK Well poor me then! 7 hours ago
- @WiredUK Does it work on humans too? Asking for a friend... 2 days ago
- RT @bengoldacre: People who try to change things are dismissed as weird. Truth (and rhetoric) from @GeorgeMonbiot Whether it's data, healt… 2 days ago
- Amazing!!! And what a treat to see something POSITIVE in a news feed. twitter.com/olympicchannel… 2 days ago
- @HayesThompson “...and for that reason, we’re out” 3 days ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Tom Rosenthal – How have you been?
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums