Olympic Vermin is such a great title for this video, featuring the scruffy creatures of London having their own mini-Olympic torch lighting. I have to say, I’d almost rather watch this then the real Olympics. Those rats are pretty cute (but you know, not in real life). Nice work from Amael Isnard and Leo Bridle.(via)
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- And you though foie gras was bad. Meet the ortolan.
- The Willow Pattern Story
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- Inside the actors' studio - Christopher Walken
- The Guy Quote - Carl Jung
- Fumblerules of grammar
- Average face? Naaaaaah
- Luckily this isn’t a problem in my gang at work, but it certainly is elsewhere, and has been at other jobs. I think… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Particularly disappointing that the ONLY literature I’ve seen (as in, through the front door) has been from Brexit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- @benetbrandreth I found the books increasingly ponderous, they needed heftier editing to avoid all the loose ends f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- @oliviasolon Oh and then you suddenly find there’s one babygrow with about 99 buttons...mind you, those French ones… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Nice piece twitter.com/theatlantic/st… 1 week ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Tom Rosenthal – How have you been?
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums