“Cool Water” was written by Bob Nolan and first recorded by his group, The Sons Of The Pioneers, in 1941. Since then it has been recorded by many others, among them The Andrews Sisters, Eddy Arnold, Gene Autry, the Boston Pops Orchestra, Walter Brennan, Bing Crosby, Fleetwood Mac, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Lorne Greene, Burl Ives, Tom Jones, Patti LaBelle, Frankie Laine, Nellie Lutcher, Billy May, George Melachrino & his Orchestra, Vaughn Monroe, Johnnie Ray, Tex Ritter, Marty Robbins, Roy Rogers, Kate Smith, Hank Snow, Wesley Tuttle, Slim Whitman and Hank Williams.
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- The Willow Pattern Story
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- He-gassen - antique Japanese farting competition scroll
- Fine - a clever story about the life and death of a soldier
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- The Guy Quote - Michael Herr (a must-read)
- The Guy Quote - Pablo Picasso
- Guy on a buffalo - lyrics AND content. Amazing.
- The real reason Isis is destroying archaeological sites and ancient works of art fw.to/CvDNJVO 18 hours ago
- @Mr_Bingo did you mostly just look out of the window? 2 days ago
- Why depriving your kids of toys is a great idea gu.com/p/4bq95/stw 2 days ago
- Hippos, custard and tapas: the 10 funniest jokes of the Edinburgh fringe gu.com/p/4bn2x/stw 1 week ago
- Don’t bang on to me about ethical food if you keep a stash of unfairly traded weed | Jay Rayner gu.com/p/4bfvv/stw 2 weeks ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!
- This backpack designed for poor kids does so much more than carry books
- Pendulum Wave – the sort of demo you’ll remember