“Cool Water” was written by Bob Nolan and first recorded by his group, The Sons Of The Pioneers, in 1941. Since then it has been recorded by many others, among them The Andrews Sisters, Eddy Arnold, Gene Autry, the Boston Pops Orchestra, Walter Brennan, Bing Crosby, Fleetwood Mac, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Lorne Greene, Burl Ives, Tom Jones, Patti LaBelle, Frankie Laine, Nellie Lutcher, Billy May, George Melachrino & his Orchestra, Vaughn Monroe, Johnnie Ray, Tex Ritter, Marty Robbins, Roy Rogers, Kate Smith, Hank Snow, Wesley Tuttle, Slim Whitman and Hank Williams.
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Willow Pattern Story
- Nine fists of the Ken Juroppo
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- Hurley Stretch Rack. The ultimate stretch machine.
- Mozart, Piano Concerto No. 21, Andante ("Elvira Madigan")
- A real love letter. Heart breaking.
- The Guy Quote - Pablo Picasso
- The Guy Quote - Bertrand Russell
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- RT @ClaireHammond: Best. Typo. Ever. 🤗 https://t.co/33uJNG1bHM 17 hours ago
- Government 'tried to bury' its own frightening report on climate change independent.co.uk/environment/cl… 17 hours ago
- @sankywashere @ShortList @CD_and_Co Jaws. 6 days ago
- It's not all blue sky thinking at #nrf17 - retailers are putting big ideas into practice with @SAP_Retail, huge cha… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- @chrisfloyduk you've got a time machine??? 2 weeks ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- A note on Brexit, and putting thy money where thy mouth is
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!