[an oldie but goody from the excellent Letters of Note]
Before we begin: the content of the following memo is absolutely filthy. If you’re easily offended, please don’t read it. Thanks.
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut is a feature length movie based on the animated series, South Park. Prior to its release in 1999, the movie’s creators –Matt Stone and Trey Parker – were asked repeatedly by the MPAA to alter the film in order for it to gain an R rating rather than an NC-17. Below is a memo sent by Stone to the MPAA, in response to such a request.
The first picture is of the whole memo. Below that is a close-up of the text.
Recommended Viewing: This Film Is Not Yet Rated.
Here is our new cut of the South Park movie to submit to the MPAA. I wanted to tell you exactly what notes we did and did not address.
1. We left in both the “fisting” and the “rimjob” references in the counselor’s office scene. We did cut the word “hole” from “asshole” as per our conversation.
2. We took out the entire “God has fucked me in the ass so many times…” It is gone.
3. Although it is not animated yet, we put a new storyboard in for clarification in the scene with Saddam Hussein’s penis. The intent now is that you never see Saddam’s real penis, he in fact is using dildos both times.
4. We have the shot animated that reveals the fact that Winona is not shooting ping-pong balls from her vagina. She is, in fact, hitting the balls with a ping-pong paddle.
5. We took out the only reference to “cum-sucking ass” in the film. It was in the counselor’s office and we took it out.
6. We left in the scenes with Cartman’s mom and the horse as per our conversation. This is the one joke we really want to fight for.
Call with any questions
P.S. This is my favorite memo ever.