Nicolai Howalt has done an amazing series of images that delve right into car crashes. There’s no blood – in fact aside from the denting and cracking they’re weirdly clean images – but that only adds to the feeling of suspended violence. Click here to see the full set rather than on the thumbnails below.
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Willow Pattern Story
- The Guy Quote - Abraham Lincoln
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- Some nice lines on writing...
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- Nine fists of the Ken Juroppo
- The Guy Quote - Michael Herr (a must-read)
- Do animals commit suicide?
- The Guy Quote - W.E.B. DuBois
- It doesn't have a helicopter view, otherwise...perfect! twitter.com/karlremarks/st… 1 hour ago
- @harrismonkey huge huge huge congrats! Well deserved a great adventure. Happy days 2 hours ago
- Can't wait to get stuck into The Spy of Venice, congrats @benetbrandreth twitter.com/benetbrandreth… 2 hours ago
- RT @robjyeo: Fox, that is not snow https://t.co/Ox1QiGrqnn 11 hours ago
- How to weaponise a beard... Close shave, hair apparent etc youtube.com/watch?v=BsXKkY… via youtube 11 hours ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Jack and his fiddle
- The man who hears everything (“That’s a good beep, Lar”) – modern arts and crafts
- Aim Higher and Breakfast, Dallas Clayton is RAD
- The Old Man And The Sea (animated, paint on glass, by hand, by golly and by gosh)
- Happy brains and a year of ping pong
- Antarctica. And it’s a kind of paradise.
- An Object At Rest – the life of a stone
- “When I was done dying” – beautiful, swooping animation to sound
- “We smell sausage!” Mark Mothersbaugh has an amazing synth collection
- A glorious McSweeney post – “Why you should not have broken up with me, according to various critical theories”
- Night sky time lapse corrected to show earth moving rather than stars. Gorgeous.
- Life advice from Werner Herzog (via @Kottke)
- The trouble with geraniums
- Stormscapes 2 by Nicolaus Wegner is stunning, majestic and powerful. Full screen, immediately!