- KFC drumstick corsage: horrifying fast food gimmicks, from the merely disgusting to the Lovecraftian-grotesque slnm.us/bwguFuC 3 days ago
- The selfie is dead - long live the Dronie! kottke.org/14/04/dronies 3 days ago
- Basement full of old sump oil at the Saatchi gallery. Best thing in there. instagram.com/p/m3n5rhR0UC/ 4 days ago
- Hooray! #Eurotrash is back! @jpgaultier antoinedecaunes and @jadeparfitt1 dance off! Too too good… instagram.com/p/m2oxWCx0SE/ 4 days ago
- Check out Antoine de Caunes checking out @jadeparfitt1 in extra special new Eurotrash! It's on… instagram.com/p/m2oTA9R0Re/ 4 days ago
- The internet of everything will turn us into gibbering micro-payment addicts
- I’m quite excited at the prospect of Terry Gilliam’s new film…
- “Man was created strong” – a guide to making love
- The Guy Quote – Alan Watts
- Acoustic levitation: straight-up amazing
- Righteous indignation. “Pay the writer!”
- Experiments in speed
- Richard Feynmann – the pleasure of finding things out
- Your search for the perfect Christmas angel ends here!
- Magic morphing SuperContainer is the table top (and hospital bed?) of the future
- Sign of the Times: Look Out, It’s Instagram Envy
- Hasselhoff Supercut: David sings the theme to ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel Air’
- Lewandowskis of note: Naked, late and pointless
- Photomicography – it’s a small world after all. Best viewed large.
- Vissi d’arte
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- Mozart, Piano Concerto No. 21, Andante ("Elvira Madigan")
- The Willow Pattern Story
- The guy quote - Henri Cartier-Bresson
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- There are men too gentle to live among wolves
- "Got Muck?" An astonishing dive video, filmed up-close and macro in the Lembeh Strait
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- Dog Tongue
- The Guy Quote - Pablo Picasso
Tag Archives: viral
Posted on February 27, 2013
Posted on April 27, 2012
Oh that’s very clever. Am suffused with a sort of warm envy and admiration. Wish I could say that I’d thought of this, but it’s actually the work of Lernert & Sander. Wonderfully done.
Posted on February 20, 2011
Genius section from the film Las Palmas by Johannes Nyholm. Only a matter of time before someone makes it into an advert – it already has well over two million hits, and was only uploaded last week.
Posted on February 15, 2011
Alex is a nine-year-old boy from Tanzania. He’s going to tell you about Arnold Schwarzenegger’s classic Eighties rom-com, Commando.
I love this video for challenging the way I’m conditioned to pigeonhole things too quickly. Images, stories, you name it, we’re (or at least I certainly feel) set up to assume a stereotype – or feel the urge to do so.
This is part of a non-profit campaign by Mama Hope, which says: “We’ve had enough of the tragic impressions of Africans that flood the media and nonprofit campaigns. We aim to break these stereotypes by releasing a series of captivating videos that show the light of the people we serve in Africa. We aspire to introduce our communities to you with the integrity and brilliance that we witness everyday.
“In the first video of our series meet Alex! He is a happy, healthy, nine-year-old boy from Tanzania. He is intensely enthusiastic, has a wild imagination and loves action movies. Does this sound like any nine-year-old boys you know?”
Posted on January 14, 2011
BBC America commissioned Whirled Group to make this trailer for the launch of Law & Order: UK in the States. It’s good.