- If Father Christmas is listening, please may I have a subscription - or even just some back issues - to @LaphamsQuart(erly), which is ACE! 2 hours ago
- Stunning timelapse, one for the full screen experience: "Wyoming Wildscapes" by Nicolaus Wegner. vimeo.com/nicolauswegner… 2 hours ago
- Google, Apple, and Microsoft Agree: NSA Spying Undermines Freedom - Atlantic Mobile theatlantic.com/politics/archi… 1 day ago
- @Salon what a lot of fudging and coal-raking to no real benefit. Could have been a third of the length! 1 day ago
- @tomasgonsorcik depends, I mean, there's IT, and then there's IT, y'know? 2 days ago
- Richard Feynmann – the pleasure of finding things out
- Your search for the perfect Christmas angel ends here!
- Magic morphing SuperContainer is the table top (and hospital bed?) of the future
- Sign of the Times: Look Out, It’s Instagram Envy
- Hasselhoff Supercut: David sings the theme to ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel Air’
- Lewandowskis of note: Naked, late and pointless
- Photomicography – it’s a small world after all. Best viewed large.
- Vissi d’arte
- Since EVERYONE seems to either have a cold or be talking about having a cold…
- Blade Runner – Film Noir
- Excerpts from the Collected Letters of Julian Assange (The New Yorker)
- What fun this must have been to make
- Most insane batshit crazy video I’ve seen ALL DAY!
- Best reaction ever
- Atlas Update (yeah I’ve seen Elysium) – C3POMG
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Guy Quote - W.E.B. DuBois
- Starvation, cannibalism and madness - The Raft of the Medusa
- The Guy Quote (extended) - William Faulkner
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- Guy on a buffalo - lyrics AND content. Amazing.
- A real love letter. Heart breaking.
- Have you seen this dog?
- The Guy Quote - Pablo Picasso
Tag Archives: video
I wonder if you remember David Lewandowski’s bizarre naked rubber man animation? Fabulously weird and a must-see for anyone with an ounce of internetishness. Well he’s done a sequel.
“Late for meeting” tells the story of… is about a… well… maybe just watch it and make your own mind up:
Ah! But I promised Lewandowskis plural. Well then you need to visit Josh Lewandowski, who is drawing a pointless diagram for every day of the year. Of his project, he says: “The drawings appear meaningful without actually being helpful. Some might seem to reference real things or show some sort of relationship between things, but this is merely accidental. Enjoy.”
History doesn’t yet relate whether these Lewandowkis are related, nor indeed if they are related to The Brothers Lewandowski (Bruno, Max and David), who used to sell lingerie to aristocrats, notably Her Majesty Queen Maria Therese of Bavaria, Princess Adalbert of Bavaria, Princess Ludwig Ferdinand and Infanta Eulalia of Spain, but it’s nice to think so.
Wait a minute… was that a balloon?
We Close Our Eyes – a lesson in rhythm
Sixty years ago, the BBC filmed a train journey from London to Brighton, squeezed into just four minutes. Thirty years ago, we did it again. Now we are bringing it up to date, to see how much has changed – and how much is still the same. Here’s all three journeys side by side.
The soundtrack is Star Guitar, by The Chemical Brothers.
(saw it on Reddit whilst procrastinating)
Dangerous. Extreme. Call it what you will. Just watch out.
The Nathaniel B. Palmer in the Ross Sea, Antarctica.
Cat, dressed as a shark, chases a duckling while riding a Roomba vacuum cleaner.
Supported by Edwin, but not overly obviously so…nice job. I like the way they all have really hilariously blokey Bowie knives and stuff, and use them to eat tinned sardines.
Best viewed quite big (nice spot, thank you Adam).
Music “The Alley” by DeVotchKa.
Photographed and edited by Ben Wiggins.
Hercules reads his scipt entirely wrong (reads the word disappointed, when he was supposed to sound disappointed).
Very proud Dysonology!
One day skating with Kilian Martin in Madrid, 2012.