“I know who you are; you’re the same dumb pilgrim I’ve been hearin’ for twenty days and smellin’ for three!”
Jeremiah Johnson (Robert Redford) is a disenchanted ex-soldier who leaves civilization behind and settles in the Rocky Mountain wilderness. Determined to survive on his own, Johnson wishes to be left in peace. But, after crossing paths with a band of Indians, he must learn the ways to the untamed land and defend himself in order to gain the respect of its original settlers. Directed by Sydney Pollack in 1972. With Will Geer, Delle Bolton and Josh Albee. The film has been said to have been based in part on the life of the legendary mountain man Liver-Eating Johnson, based on Raymond Thorp and Robert Bunker’s book Crow Killer: The Saga of Liver-Eating Johnson and Vardis Fisher’s Mountain Man.
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- And you though foie gras was bad. Meet the ortolan.
- The Guy Quote - Pablo Picasso
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Guy Quote – Alan Watts
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- Joseph "Le Pétomane" Pujol: The Flatulist.
- Hats - what and where
- William Whyte and the social life of small spaces
- Mozart, Piano Concerto No. 21, Andante ("Elvira Madigan")
- @robhalloway have sorted your Halloween outfit... “@_youhadonejob: Haha http://t.co/Jvdz6rwqqS” 1 day ago
- RT @MovemberUK: It's a wrap! Thanks @dysonology for coming in and answering some hairy Qs. Hope we've inspired & involved some Mo Bros & Mo… 1 day ago
- @JadeParfitt1 this one is for you “@MovemberUK: @alextrayling Anything that stops my girlfriend @JadeParfitt1 calling me Basil Fawlty.” 1 day ago
- RT @MovemberUK: @Tobyphillips15 My ice cream flavour is "AWESOME" it's made with unicorns, rainbows, angel sweat and shattered promises. 1 day ago
- Am in @MovemberUK doing an #AskJack session on hair...do feel free to share or chip in with your own xxx 1 day ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Pendulum Wave – the sort of demo you’ll remember
- Completely agree with Weird Al…except for the split infinitive at 3.27 #wordcrimes
- “Toaster Tribute by Heywood Banks” Sponsored by the Toast marketing board (yeah Toast!)
- Four-year timelapse of an exploding star (one for the full screen)
- How kindness is the greatest gift in a relationship
- The duties of the revolutionist to himself
- Illo heaven for fans of nuclear power stations (and technical drawings)
- How to make a sick edit (mountain bike edition)
- How neon signs are made (Hong Kong)
- The internet of everything will turn us into gibbering micro-payment addicts
- I’m quite excited at the prospect of Terry Gilliam’s new film…
- “Man was created strong” – a guide to making love
- The Guy Quote – Alan Watts
- Acoustic levitation: straight-up amazing
- Righteous indignation. “Pay the writer!”