Nicolai Howalt has done an amazing series of images that delve right into car crashes. There’s no blood – in fact aside from the denting and cracking they’re weirdly clean images – but that only adds to the feeling of suspended violence. Click here to see the full set rather than on the thumbnails below.
- The Guy Quote - Robert Mitchum
- The Willow Pattern Story
- The Guy Quote - Richard Harris
- 56 best/worst similes used in high school exams...
- The Guy Quote - Michael Herr (a must-read)
- The Guy Quote - Pablo Picasso
- Starvation, cannibalism and madness - The Raft of the Medusa
- Spring Breakers monologue - is this 2013's answer to The Breakfast Club?
- And you though foie gras was bad. Meet the ortolan.
- A real love letter. Heart breaking.
- Wheels of steel: “@theretronaut: c.1905-1913: Roller skating ( buff.ly/ZCjrmI) http://t.co/vLX13WtUNo” 3 hours ago
- RT @UberFacts: Heroin, Cocaine, and LSD are 3 of the 10 most expensive materials in the entire world. 3 hours ago
- @betsymartian @shhexycorin Best combination, to my mind, is Mark Mothersbaugh and the Steve Zissou soundscore 3 hours ago
- @shhexycorin @betsymartian or discovering you've got an album of "music inspired by the soundtrack..." 3 hours ago
- RT @theretronaut: c.1892: Marcel Proust playing air guitar on a tennis racket ( buff.ly/1skFzsH) http://t.co/5vrTHnBOdM 6 days ago
Tagalogadvertising advice animals animation art arts black and white books cars cat chart cinema comedy cool dance data death design dog education entertainment etiquette facebook family fashion film food funk funny gif guitar health history illustration infographic jack dyson japan jazz journalism life love music nature philosophy photo photography piano poem poetry politics quotations quote quotes reading religion satire science sculpture sea sex silly skate slow motion society space sport stop motion the guy quote travel video viral war winter writing youtube
- Pendulum Wave – the sort of demo you’ll remember
- Completely agree with Weird Al…except for the split infinitive at 3.27 #wordcrimes
- “Toaster Tribute by Heywood Banks” Sponsored by the Toast marketing board (yeah Toast!)
- Four-year timelapse of an exploding star (one for the full screen)
- How kindness is the greatest gift in a relationship
- The duties of the revolutionist to himself
- Illo heaven for fans of nuclear power stations (and technical drawings)
- How to make a sick edit (mountain bike edition)
- How neon signs are made (Hong Kong)
- The internet of everything will turn us into gibbering micro-payment addicts
- I’m quite excited at the prospect of Terry Gilliam’s new film…
- “Man was created strong” – a guide to making love
- The Guy Quote – Alan Watts
- Acoustic levitation: straight-up amazing
- Righteous indignation. “Pay the writer!”